Saturday 6 October 2007

St Faith's barn dance

Off to a barn dance tonight. That will be weird after the quite intense but enjoyable nature of things at Whitby and at Ealing country dance club! hopefully will be relaxed and energetic. I'm in the mood for that tonight. I wonder if I'll find it easier than I used to after so much hard concentration in my dance activities over the past two months. Had a good time at the country dancing in Ealing on Monday. Each dance brings a new anxiety, and you have to concentrate really hard, but there were only two out of about eight dances that completely defeated me. The slow ones can be lovely, and at the end of Monday, I felt really proud of myself when the caller told me afterwards that I appeared to have a really understanding of the music, and moved really gracefully! That is definitely a first in my entire life, having been encouraged to abandon ballet at about eight years old due to lack of grace.
Anyway, tonight will be different, I can go back to my pre-Whitby ways of skipping about in an energetic and slightly clumsy way, bashing into people as I go..., not on purpose of course. Time to get my glad rags on.

No comments: