Monday 18 February 2008

going home soon

Back to blogging after spending far too much time playing Scrabulous on Facebook over the past few months. Our house is almost ready to move back to, but not quite. When I say not quite, I mean that there is still no bathroom, and still no kitchen, In fact the rooms are there, but no actual appliances eg no shower, no oven. 

So today was the official  completion date and it's not ready. My brother is over from the States, and we are all staying at Dad's. Me, Phil, Rob, Charles and William. 
Dad of course is down the road at the nursing home, which is another story altogether, although a large part of today - when Phil and I should be going back home, will be spent being with my brothers and making some big decisions about Dad and his flat.
So we are sort of packing to go home, and also hesitant. Although not super comfortable at Dad's, it's more comfortable than living in a building site. 
So it will be goodbye to Putney. Very bizarre actually living here again. Putney is great, but wealthy and alien compared to how it was when I was growing up. The house my parents saved up for and bought for 9,000, is now worth millions. In a strange circular coincidence, my dad has moved to a nursing home only a few houses further down the road from our old house.
Putney is lovely to walk around, and full of memories for me, but I'm glad I'm going home to Brentford and all our friends any day now.

No comments: