Saturday 2 August 2008

Not Long Now

Two weeks to go until we're in Whitby. Folk week first this year, then a week to recover afterwards. How fantastic will it be? We've already got the programmes for folk week...last year there was an ABBA ceilidh, this year there's going to be a Queen ceilidh..what shall I wear. Just about managed a 70s ish outfit last time - big hat, flares, long top...the Queen were 70s too....weren't they? More glam maybe? more rock 'n roll? 


I've been in training for the hills and the dancing recently. For a month or so I've been to back to my dance classes, tried to be a bit more careful re: food, and walked very quickly to work with Ali la Peche ! With all the stresses of the past twelve months, I'd abandoned it all, and a very unwanted few pounds crept on. Never mind, off it will all jolly well come, and hopefully in time for our holiday. I'm also revisiting the cCanadian Air Force exercises which got me into pretty good shape before I had Jake I seem to remember. 

This folk week there seem to be a few more things going on for people who aren't already experts at joining in sessions. There are fiddle workshops suitable for all abilities, and some sort of sessions for people who aren't quite ready for a full blown session. That's me. 

So, I'm in training with the violin, too. That has suffered over the past year, but I'm probably still better than I was last time we were in Whitby. We've barely seen Pete the guru. Time to stop now, as I've promised myself a quick practice this evening.

No comments: