Monday 6 August 2007

cheeseboard of the brentford/ealing borders

Went out with Philly and Ali on Saturday to sample the cheeseboard at The Ealing Park Tavern; when Ali had phoned to enquire of the existence of such a thing, they were so nice about it on the phone, and enthused about the other lovely bar snacks available, how could we resist.

A lovely evening - the cheeseboard arrived, four different cheeses, with lots grape, apple and interesting and tasty biscuits, and a pot of spiced apple. I don't know what the different cheeses were, but they were delicious, a waxy yellow one, maybe comte, a creamy blue cheese that looked like it had been cut from a loaf, a white goats' cheese, and I can't remember the other one! We ordered a slice of aged manchego with quince paste for good measure - that was my favourite. We also drank a fair bit of wine - the house rose is particularly pale, dry and delicious. All the bar snacks looked great, I could happily work my way through all of them, maybe not all on one night though. We did get asked to leave three times for lingering too long. This felt quite unpleasant, I must say as the man said I've asked you three times now. Ali took her drink with her and was apprehended, and made to return the glass. I give the cheeseboard a 9 though, just to give other cheeseboards something to beat. Back to Ali's afterwards for more wine and conversation about life and death. Left at 2.15am; Phil can't remember being at Ali's at all; he fell asleep on the sofa at about 1.

No comments: