Wednesday 5 December 2007

Sunday in Putney

woke up with my mouth throbbing, as if I had abcesses in all my teeth at once...hopefully just a complication of the lurgy I've had. Forged ahead with the day - a busy morning while Jake spent time, and my money choosing a present in the music shop for his upcoming birthday...Then we went round to Rachel and Janine's for lunch. Such a relaxing time, reminded me of being a teenager in Putney wandering about the leafy streets from one friend's house to another. A delicious lunch featuring several of my favourite things. Tuna, cheese and wine. We then sat around on cushions smoking a shisha, which was fun, although I feel I may have shared my lurgy with everyone, too. Several games followed- ancient to modern. Rachel and I played backgammon, the others played games on the stupidly named Wii. It was a lovely day, and we are going to go round there again on Boxing Day. Hope it's a lovely wintry day for walking round there and back, we can nose into the windows all the lovely festively decorated Putney houses.

No comments: