Sunday 30 March 2008

clocks went forward

Well, for the first time ever, I forgot to change the clocks. Threw my day out a bit, because we were going to go to church and then to the Mac store in Regent Street. Plans changed, as we realised at what we thought was nine o'clock, that it was in fact ten o'clock. Too late for St Paul's, so we went to worship at the church of Apple instead. We got some nice new toys, and hopefully will be able to produce a shiny new blog, and Phil will be able to create shiny new music, too. I will post the new blog address here when it's all set up. Will be much easier to post photos online instead of peering at invisible thumbnail pictures and trying to guess which photo is which.

Other things this week... I said goodbye to my dad's flat in Putney in it's previous incarnation; mainly 70s pale green everything, with multitudinous nicotine stains...Barney's builder's have moved in and are gutting it before transforming it into the lucrative des res that will pay for Dad's care. The bathroom looked particularly strange with a great cavity in the wall where the tap end of the bath had been. Then We were going to meet Jake at Putney station and go for lunch, but there had been a signal failure and Jake got off the train at Barnes and walked to Putney. In the meantime, I went to look at stone for our new patio. It was cols and rainy, but good to see what colours the different types of stone became when wet.

Went to tap on Friday - I'm really getting back into it now, after months of minimal exercise, I am walking to work again, and dancing twice a week...hopefully the pounds around my middle, laid down during the stay in Putney will budge soon.

Thinking of being back home, and about the yummy mummies and daddies of our neighbourhood, I've begun to regret introducing them to Darren! They have stolen him away from us, and he now has no time at all to do even the tiniest job for us. Darren, we need legs for our table!!!

No comments: