Tuesday 5 June 2007

Back at Work

Second day back at work today after nearly three weeks off with my poor sore back....it's been really wierd as prior to this, have only been off one and a half days in six years...stupidly really. After the excruciating pain waned, Anyway, re-introduced myself to my wonderful colleagues and prayed there would be no urgent awful incidents or pressing reports to deal with. Amazingly, my charges had been behaving reasonably in my absence and hadn't even missed me.

Things have all of a sudden begun to happen in relation to physio and occupational health - appointments came up for both- physio was today- just what the doctor ordered, literally. The wonderful NHS- I had nearly an hour with the physiotherapist, completely free! Detailed history of my aches and pains, thorough examination of the spine and joints. Prescription? lots of exercise for me to do...this is definitely the right thing and all thanks to the many who have offered me their expertise and advice, but this is the one for me, and even better, no belief system or wierdness involved. Even better than that, he is going to see me every week to see how I'm progressing, check I've been doing the excercises properly and give me more punishing ones as time goes on. He says it's his own thing, physiopilates; should do the trick.

Tomorrow is the visit at work of the man from the occupational health dept to look at my desk/chair/ computer/typing style. Prescription? hopefully a nice new chair with arm/wrist support for my wierd circulation...boss will have to agree as will be expensive, but anyway important to try.
Am psyching myself up to write about my first ever visit to Dublin...it's almost my bedtime now, so it won't happen tonight, but as a little snippet- Phil and I were invited to Sean and Pom's wedding a month or so ago. It was really exciting- Sean is Sean Millar of Dr Millar and the Cute Hoors, Phil was one of his cute Hoors in the early 90s- you can see a clip of their Romance in A flat up on the right of the blog. Phil would be seeing people he hadn't seen for 10-15 years.... abit daunting for him as well as exciting. I had only met Sean before. Once we knew son could come too, -otherwise complicated arrangements would need to be made - we all got very excited and mentally prepared for the trip by playing Metallica's version of Whiskey in the Jar again and again, very loudly...signing off for tonight, on that happy note.

No comments: