Saturday 14 July 2007

Saturday again

The week slowed down a bit this time, busy day at work on Monday in preparation for my time off with the boy as he recovers from having his tonsils out. Poor boy, so brave with operations; anyway, out came the tonsils, and he's ok, and eating and drinking normally which is the main thing in the road to recovery...nurses at the hospital - the West Mid, all fantastic, the boy went round and said thankyou to them all the next day...he's still waking up with bad earache though. He's been forbidden from going to school until next term due to risk of infection; strangely, he's been asking if he can go back on Monday Anyway nice to have time off work, and with him. Time to read and write and generally do housework and stuff that work pushes out of the way. Didn't go to tap again this Friday, Phil had to go out to music rehearsal at St Faith's and I was keeping an eye on the boy. Missed Barney's birthday drink in West Ealing - Happy Birthday Barney! Today I didn't go to Putney due/nursing duty...feels like I almost have time on my hands today, although later I have volunteered to help with a youth theatre event at Questors theatre in Ealing for a couple of hours. How I wish I hadn't said yes now. Never mind, will be fine when I'm there.
I have piles of paperwork building up around me that I promised I would deal with. Piles of stuff generally are accumulating, particularly in the sitting room. It looks like a storeroom. Phil and I obviously have 'issues' about keeping stuff and really need one of those life-laundry type people to make us deal with it all.
Booked the train tickets for Whitby yesterday, we are going to try a different route home this time, coming from Whitby station/Middlesborough/darlington /Kings Cross. Not long now!!!!Another two fiddle lessons with Pete Cooper before Whitby, I can now play two Irish tunes without looking at the music, which is progress! more soon...

No comments: