Wednesday 11 July 2007

Saturday and Sunday

A good weekend again; a little more relaxed after a hectic couple of weeks, Went to on the regular Saturday jaunt to Putney, saw my dad and did a few bits and pieces for him...Phil joined me there, and sat with my dad while I shopped. We had lunch at Wagamama, which is always good; not sure why people are against it, is it because it's a chain? Phil and I have tried loads of noodle bars in London, and think Wagamama packs more of an interesting punch than many of the others, our absolute favourite is number 37 chicken itame mmmmmmmmm chilli and lemongrass! Coco Noodle in Ealing does the best raw juice though. In the evening, I spent about an hour and a half preparing a letter for Phil and son for their visit to Wembley. They went to see Metallica but their seats had been upgraded due to the booked ones being unavailable due to some sort of production issues, however they needed to take a letter from me plus id for both of us. Goodness it stressed me out quite a lot getting it right. Anyway all done and packed. Then Phil went out to meet Di and Paul at the now smokeless Globe to watch the Surfing Brides. I needed a quiet night in, practicing the fiddle and chatting to Jake. So I did that for a bit and then Di and Paul knocked at the door...after resisting for less than two seconds, I went with them to the Globe. So pleased I did though, I hadn't seen them before, but really enjoyed their mix of cover versions and clever original songs. Liked the theatricality of each band member and the way the lead singer reminded me of boys I knew when I was a teenager who sang/played in bands. Only managed just over half a pint of some sort of Fullers beer, (as part of my educational foray into the world of beer)but it was very nice.
Sunday- Phil and son set off early to sort out Metallica tickets and see Metallica; a whole day's adventure. I went off to Church and planned a leisurely day after that. Church was good and I enjoyed playing the violin there and chatting to people...so wierd that Ceri has materialised there. He is someone who I only vaguely knew through my Chiswick Village friends and he just arrived at St Paul's one Sunday, keyboard ready. His presence has given a lovely focus to the music group, and what's more has given Marjorie the chance to play the flute, her first instrument! He's a record producer and will record Phil and Paul's (Talismen)album, soon as they all get it together! Ceri knows loads of other people I know, and his sister lived at the notorious co-op house in Hanger Lane. (will write about that another day). Anyway after Church we had quite a chat and possibly a not very charitable one, about why Brentford is a better place to live than Chiswick, yes it is, yes it so is!!! Anyway after that, walked round the long way to home, hoping that the coffee shop in the High St would be open, but it wasn't...up through the Butts, admiring the sunlight on the trees. Home to a peaceful house. Spent the day doing bits of housework, violin practice and blog, as well as cooking two days worth of food. 8.30 came around very quickly and off I went to call for Di and Paul for further beer education at the Magpie. First half was pretty sickly called Frulli. I do like a fruity taste, but this was fruity beyond the bounds of decency. Can't remember what was next, but they were nice. Also the Magpie was nice...all the upholstery had been replaced or cleaned, woodwork had been painted it was very pleasant. Yasmin and Jim came too, and we had a bet on when the 2000 real ale would be introduced. I reckon Feb 14 09. They all reckoned around summer 08. Pleasant walk home and then goodnight.

No comments: